We’re excited to announce the release of a major update to the Nashville MainStage Mapping Standard, version 2.0. This update splits automatic parameter mapping into two useful modes: Patch Mode and Performance Mode.
Patch mode offers automatic mapping of up to 48 parameters, allowing musicians to have immediate hands on control of a huge range of sound shaping options. Patch mode is perfect for tweaking your sounds before the gig, and going in-depth with sound creation at home.
• Up to color-coded 48 hands on controls of all sounds
• Automatic mapping for every midi controller currently sold in the USA*
• Perfect for making complicated tweaks to your sound quickly
The new Performance Mode uses MainStage’s Smart Controls panel to automatically give hands-on control of up to 24 live-focused parameters onstage, with “always in the same place” mappings for instrument volume, reverb, delay, cutoff, and much more.
Once you’ve dialed in just the right sound in Patch Mode, it’s easy to switch to Performance Mode for the gig. Just save your patches and drag them into the new Performance template, and all parameters will automatically map. It's even possible to merge patches together to create powerful new multi-instrument patches.
• Easily control, stack, and split multiple patches together for live use, while keeping hands on control of each patch
• Dedicated, always-in-the-same-place mappings for up to 7 instruments at a time, with 27 controls total
• Volume control with automatic plugin disabling for each instrument, reducing CPU live
• Piano/EP section featuring controllers for delay, reverb, and two user assignable parameters
• Synth/Pad section featuring cutoff, attack, decay, release, and reverb/delay mappings
• Organ section that includes mappings for morph, rotary speed, click, distortion, and hands on control of all drawbars
• Aux section for extra instruments with up to two user-assignable parameters and automatic plugin-disable
• Remotely control all Smart Panel controls live using Apple’s free iPad app Logic Remote
How To Upgrade
All Patch Foundry patches currently sold in our store are 100% compatible with NS 2.0. For a limited time, we’re offering a free upgrade to NS 2.0 to everyone that has previously purchased Patch Foundry patches. If you’d like to upgrade, please send us an email with a screenshot of the email receipt of your patch purchase, and we’ll send you a download link.
In the future all of Patch Foundry’s song-specific patches will be automatically mapped in Performance Mode only, and all instrument-specific patches will be available with both Patch and Performance Mappings.
We're looking forward to utilizing this new standard in creative ways with our patches. Look for some new packs to be coming out soon!